16.3.13

The Butcher's Broom



There is a little shop called BUTCHER'S BROOM, born of Barbara from Italy, and there she sells her sweet crocheted jewelry and handmade accessories. 
Her work is lovely and well crafted, but it is the photos that initially caught my eye.  I love the use of mirroring, the earthy feeling and the contradicting elements of water and fire.
It's a witchy world, caught in glimpses at the sunset of a never ending summer...




"Wild Things leave skins behind them, they leave clean skins and teeth and white bones behind them, and these are tokens passed from one to another, so the fugitive kind can always follow their kind..."
(Tennessee Williams, 1959) 





" Once when I was living in the heart of a pomegranate, I heard a seed saying, "Someday I shall become a tree, and the wind will sing in my branches, and the sun will dance in my leavers, and I shall be strong and beautiful through all the seasons".....

... Then another seed spoke and said, "When I was as young as you, I too held such views; but now that I can weigh and measure things, I see that my hopes were vain".



And a third seed spoke also, "I see in us nothing that promises so great a future".
And a fourth said, "But what a mockery our life would be, without a greater future!".
Said a fifth, "Why dispute what we shall be, when we know not ever what we are".
But a sixth replied, "Whatever we are, that we shall continue to be".



And a seventh said, "I have such a clear idea how everything will be, but I cannot put it into words".
Then an eighth spoke - and a ninth - and a tenth - and then many - until all were speaking, and I could distinguish nothing for the many voices.
And so I moved that very day into the heart of a quince, where the seeds are few and almost silent. "
The Madman; Gibran, 1918 




*
{ Below:  the wearable art of Butcher's Broom }





*
{ visit Barbara's blog for music and poetry (in Italian):  butchersbroomstore }

No comments:

Post a Comment